Trump Slump: A PR Strategy
The cost of staying at Trump hotels around the world
Jumping in on the media conversation surrounding Trump, we came up with a tongue-in-cheek PR strategy comparing the cheapest and dearest Trump hotels to visit around the world.
In doing so, we became the go-to for comment on the price of the president’s hotels and were able to re-run analysis quickly to ensure we were included in articles around the world.
By tying in our research with key moments in Trump’s presidency including the anniversary of his inauguration and landmark decisions, we kept our analysis high on the news agenda.Contact us
- GOLD – CIPR PRide awards 2016 – Consumer relations campaign
- GOLD – CIPR PRide awards 2016 – Best use of media relations
- GOLD – PRCA Dare awards 2016 – Consumer relations campaign
- GOLD – PRCA Dare awards 2016 – Low budget campaign
- GOLD – PRCA Dare awards 2016 – Campaign challenges
- GOLD – CIPR PRide awards 2017 – Consumer relations campaign
- GOLD – CIPR PRide awards 2017 – Best use of media relations
- GOLD – CIPR PRide awards 2018 – Consumer relations campaign
- SILVER – Corp Comms awards 2018 – highly commended best consumer campaign
Raise awareness; Reach mass market consumers and grow customers
Parents held to ransom by travel providers
As part of a long-running school holiday price scandal campaign for travel money expert, FairFX, we revealed how families are continually faced with extortionate price hikes from both flight companies and package holiday providers alike when taking holidays outside of term-time.
Having first broke the John Platt case in 2016 on the legality of term-time holidays, (securing over 1,000 pieces of coverage) the Supreme Court case brought another media opportunity. We compared 120 flights across term-time and half-term, finding price hikes of up to 800% securing an exclusive interview with ITV News.
For the judgement, we prepared a media package comparing 104 summer holidays. This was subsequently followed-up with a holiday price tracker showing a lottery on when you book, and periodic research has continued over the past two years to expose the financial and legal pressures put on families holidaying outside designated school holidays.
Through a continued PR campaign, PR has advocated for change in the travel sector, continually exposing and challenging the price gaps and penalties imposed by travel operators, airlines and airports.