BrandContent is a content marketing & PR agency, based in Cardiff, with clients in the UK, USA and Dubai. Core industries we work with are financial services and tech although we do also do work in some other sectors.
We’re a national agency offering sought-after, specialist skills from content strategy, media relations, social, video, cinemagraphs and written content production. We hire staff who are specialists in their own right, who are dedicated, experienced and committed to doing great work.
Last year we won every award we entered and despite our location are beating London agencies in client pitches. Our latest coup is a FTSE 100 company, one of the biggest health brands in the world and a challenger bank in Dubai to give you a flavour.
To join us on the next stage of our journey, we’re looking for a PR Account Director to lead the PR division. It’s fast paced and varied so we can promise you won’t get bored.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the managing director, you will predominantly work with clients across B2B & B2C in the technology, health and financial services sectors from established FTSE 100 brands, challenger brands and early-stage tech start-ups. You’ll be able to create consumer stories for nationals not just for the personal finance pages as well as for tech and B2B press.
You’ll be working in the thick of it maintaining relationships with national and trade journalists both in the UK and overseas, designing PR campaigns, being the chief client contact, managing the day to day press office for clients and generally doing everything to drive results for our PR clients.
A typical day could see you writing editorial content for clients such as op-eds for the media to creating consumer campaigns that make the front pages as well as working with our video and social producer to ensure campaigns consider all audiences and influencers. You’ll set the direction for client strategies, working on pitches for new clients and helping secure new business.
Who you are
You’ll have an excellent background in securing top tier media coverage and can do this with ease, but you’ll also work in an integrated way from experiential, events, content, social and marketing campaigns generally and your digital skill-set must be extremely strong giving you the perfect blend of traditional and digital skills. It’s also highly likely you trained as a journalist and have spent a part of your career as an editor. This role will suit a self-starter and only candidates that set themselves the highest standards, need apply. We are really looking for an outstanding individual who can hit the ground running, has boundless ideas, creativity, enthusiasm and is digitally progressive. We are also looking for a candidate with a can-do and positive attitude, attitude and skill is everything to us. Aside from this, you’ll also be super organised, a great project manager and fantastic at client liaison and relationship management.
- Leading on PR for the agency
- Manage account manager
- Budget management
- Working alongside the visual producer and MD on creative campaigns
• Developing strong relationships with key media and nurturing existing ones
• Driving media relations & supporting press offices on behalf of clients
• Communicating with clients & managing accounts, campaigns & projects to a high standard
- Meeting clients
• Producing press releases & other campaign materials and managing talent, video and photoshoots
• Liaising with third parties on campaign assets
• Preparing regular client reports & attending client meetings
• Monitoring the media (eg. newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media & blogs) for client PR opportunities
• Working as part of a team to develop client proposals & attend pitches
• Organising & attending events (eg. press conferences & promotional events)
- Managing clients throughout the day whether on email, phone or in person.
Who you are
- 5-7 years’ agency experience
• Educated to a minimum of degree level or equivalent
• Passionate about PR & content
• Highly ambitious
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Able, willing and happiest when ‘getting your hands dirty’ – small agencies are busy so everyone gets stuck in to everything
• Creative – our campaigns aim to be top notch– our clients have high expectations
• Great interpersonal skills required to liaise with clients, high-profile media & stakeholders
• Strong verbal communication skills, confident in presenting to clients
• Excellent written communication skills needed to produce compelling copy
• A passionate, energetic and enthusiastic approach with strong initiative
• Experience in financial services
In return for your effort & commitment, BrandContent will reward you with a diverse client base & fantastic opportunities for progression. Salary is negotiable dependent on experience. Training budget is provided as is company laptop, phone, 25 days holiday and a bonus scheme for exceptional candidates.
Where the role is based: Currently Llandaff
If you are interested in the role, please email Sharon@brandcontent.co.uk